Ishkashim border crossing: open or closed?

Is the road, border or area open and accessible to foreigners? Is there danger?
Forum rules
Before asking a border crossing question, make sure you have read the relevant article about the country. Overview page: http://caravanistan.com/border-crossings/

Before submitting a crossing report or question, have a look first to see if a topic already exists. Existing forum topics are linked to from the border crossing pages on the site.

Thank you!
szelka

Ishkashim border crossing: open or closed?

Postby szelka » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:27 pm

Hi,

I would be grateful, if you could post some news, whether Eshkashem crossing is open, once you get to know.

Thanks
0 x

Henrik

Re: Wakhan corridor.

Postby Henrik » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:53 pm

Any News?
0 x

matt2matt2002

Re: Wakhan corridor.

Postby matt2matt2002 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:14 am

It was closed earlier this week due to landslides. No idea if open yet. I'm in Osh now but came from Kohorg to Murgarb last week on the Pamir Highway.
Only reliable info will be in Kohorg.
Good luck.
Matt
0 x

Aurelie

Ishkashim border

Postby Aurelie » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:20 am

Hi,

I've heard the border there was closed because of the recent incidents (fire, talibans, I don't exactly). Someone can confirm it? Apparently, even the market is closed.

Thanks
0 x

bwv812
China expert
China expert

Re: Ishkashim border

Postby bwv812 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:28 am

The best thing would probably be to phone or email PECTA in Khorog, as they should know what's going on.
0 x
My 2012 overland trip from Tokyo to Istanbul: http://www.silkroadwanderings.blogspot.com

jetdude

Just heard there's no more Ishkashim Bazar for Saturdays. Anyone know details or options?.

Postby jetdude » Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:29 am

Hi!...
Just heard from another posting that as of right now there is no more Saturday Bazar for Ishkashim. I am not doubting in any way the news but will like to know if there's a time to re open, or if there's an option. Anyone heard about this and/or have an option?.
Appreciate all info. I am departing that way and planning the bazar for saturday the 24.
0 x

bremmo

Re: Just heard there's no more Ishkashim Bazar for Saturdays. Anyone know details or options?.

Postby bremmo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:07 am

Hasn't been a bazar for the past 8 weeks or so.
If you want to visit Afghanistan, go to Khorog and get your Afghan visa in a matter of minutes at he Afghan consulate and cross the border across the river into Afghanistan. Had an amazing day in Afghanistan two weeks ago!
1 x

jetdude

Re: Just heard there's no more Ishkashim Bazar for Saturdays. Anyone know details or options?.

Postby jetdude » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:09 am

Wow, thanx for the feed back!. Appreciate it!.
Jetdude
0 x

matt2matt2002

Postby matt2matt2002 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:50 pm

bremmo wrote:Hasn't been a bazar for the past 8 weeks or so.
If you want to visit Afghanistan, go to Khorog and get your Afghan visa in a matter of minutes at he Afghan consulate and cross the border across the river into Afghanistan. Had an amazing day in Afghanistan two weeks ago!

I was in Khorog in July.
Where about did you criss into Afghanistan? What border crossing?
I didn't think you cross from Khorog?
Thanks
0 x

SQRR

Postby SQRR » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:31 pm

We just passed Ishkashim yesterday.
Some locals here in Khorog told us that the marked was damaged by a flood and needs to be repared. To us it seemed not damaged at all and locals in Ishkashim told us its closed because its to dangerous at the moment because of the Taliban.
(The border it self there didn't look either that they will open soon again)
We intended to go to the Afghan Whakan and talked in person to the consulate here in Khorog. He admited its not the best time to go even Wakhan should be save. Thats why we decided to stay on the Tajikian side which was amazing!
Currently there's a lot of Taliban activity in this area and the homestay we stayed with was honestly concerned.
2 x
From Switzerland with a Land Rover Defender to the Caucasus, Russia, central Asia, Iran, Arabian peninsula and further to Africa - www.matatu.ch